Startup India Seed Fund Scheme Application Form Link Portal is open for fresh registration from interested applicants. If you are interested about 2022/2023 Startup India Seed Fund Scheme, we encourage you to apply/register online. Get started
To apply for Startup India Seed Fund Scheme, you need to know more about Startup India Seed Fund Scheme, how to apply online and requirements/eligibility involves.
Details about Startup India
Table of Contents
The Startup India initiative of the Government of India envisages building a robust Start-up ecosystem in the country for nurturing innovation and providing opportunities to budding entrepreneurs.
This Action Plan laid down a roadmap for the creation of a conducive ecosystem for Startups in India. Subsequently, many activities have been undertaken to encourage Startups. Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) is one such scheme provides financial assistance to early-stage startups.
Details about Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
Funding from angel investors and venture capital firms becomes available to startups only after the proof of concept has been provided. Similarly, banks provide loans only to asset-backed applicants. It is essential to provide seed funding to startups with an innovative idea to conduct proof of concept trials.
DPIIT has created Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) with an outlay of INR 945 Crore to provide financial assistance to startups for Proof of Concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry, and commercialization.It will support an estimated 3,600 entrepreneurs through 300 incubators in the next 4 years.
The Seed Fund will be disbursed to eligible startups through eligible incubators across India.
Requirements/Eligibility for Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
- A startup, recognized by DPIIT, incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application.
To get DPIIT-recognized, please visit https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/startupgov/startup-recognition-page.html
- The startup must have a business idea to develop a product or a service with a market fit, viable commercialization, and scope of scaling.
- The startup should be using technology in its core product or service, or business model, or distribution model, or methodology to solve the problem being targeted.
- Preference would be given to startups creating innovative solutions in sectors such as social impact, waste management, water management, financial inclusion, education, agriculture, food processing, biotechnology, healthcare, energy, mobility, defence, space, railways, oil and gas, textiles, etc.
- Startup should not have received more than Rs 10 lakh of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme. This does not include prize money from competitions and grand challenges, subsidized working space, founder monthly allowance, access to labs, or access to prototyping facility.
- Shareholding by Indian promoters in the startup should be at least 51% at the time of application to the incubator for the scheme, as per Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2018.
- A startup applicant can avail seed support in the form of grant and debt/convertible debentures each once as per the guidelines of the scheme.
How to apply for 2022/2023 Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
To join our Seed Fund Scheme, simply select apply now button and tell us more about your idea.
To login successfully, click here