Application Form Link Portal is now functioning for 2022 Singapore Ministry of Health International Research Grants Fund on Human Health and potential, including research that looks at the causes, consequences, diagnosis and treatment of human diseases. Apply online below:
Singapore Ministry of Health International Research Grants Fund
We use this medium to inform the General Public about 2022 Singapore Ministry of Health International Research Grants Fund on Human Health and Potential. Registration is online, we encourage you to apply before application form closing date.
OF-IRG is open to applications in all research areas. Applications are assessed based on scientific merit at the international level and relevance to Singapore, but should prioritisation be required between meritorious applications, the following seven disease areas have been identified as national priorities for research:
- Cancers and neoplasms
- Mental health
- Metabolic and endocrine
Requirements for 2022 Ministry of Health Singerpore International Research Grants Fund
- Only one Principal Investigator (PI) is allowed per application. Applicants applying as Principal Investigator are required to fulfil the following criteria at the point of application:
- Holds a primary appointment in a local publicly funded institution and salaried by the institution.
- PIs should have PhD or MD/MBBS/BDS qualifications. (Exceptions would be made on a case-by-case basis).
- Is an independent investigator (with PI status in institution) with a demonstrated track record of research, as evidenced by the award of nationally competitive funding (international funding to be considered on a case by case basis), substantial publication record in the past 3 years.
- Has a laboratory or clinical research program that carries out research in Singapore
- Holds a minimum of 9 months employment (per calendar year) with local Singapore institution(s). Upon award, the PI must agree to fulfil at least 6 months of residency in Singapore for each calendar year over the duration of the grant award.
- Has no outstanding report from previous BMRC, NMRC grants, and other national grants.
- For proposals involving patients, the PI should be SMC registered; or should be able to demonstrate ability to access patients through SMC registered Co-Is or collaborators.
How to apply/register for Singapore Ministry of Health International Research Grants Fund
To apply successfully, visit Official website
Please download the OF-IRG Application Guide for more information.
Application Form Closing Date for Singapore Ministry of Health International Research Grants Fund
It is mandatory for all applications to be submitted and endorsed by Director of Research (DOR) online via IGMS by 24 Jan 2022, 5pm. We will not entertain any late submissions or submissions from individual applicants without HI DOR endorsement.