Win 3 Million Naira in the ICPC Music Competition For Nigerian Youths apply here
Win 3 Million Naira in the ICPC Music Competition For Nigerian Youths apply here To mark its 20th Anniversary celebration, the Independent Corrupt Practices and other crimes Commission also known as the ICPC is hosting a musical competition for Nigerian youths between the ages of 15-29 years. This, they said, was a perfect opportunity for the youths to collectively express themselves on anti-corruption issues in form of musical compositions and present them to the public for an opportunity to win.
RELATED POST: EFCC 2020 Recruitment interested applicants can Apply here
The Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, ICPC is therefore calling on all Nigerian Youths, residing in Nigeria to take part in the music competition which will be streamed and done entirely online.
People were taken aback as to why the ICPC would be hosting a programme like this and wondered why they are doing such, but the Commissioner for the ICPC made it known that the Music Competition is in line with the Commission’s function as stated in S.6 (e-f) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000 which states that it shall be the duty of the Commission to “educate the public on and against bribery, corruption and related offences; and to enlist and foster public support in fighting away corruption”.
ICPC COMPETITION Mode of application
Interested applicants who seem it ready to win the grand prize may apply through the following;
- Create a breath-taking music video speaking openly and shunning against corruption and encouraging integrity in your community.
- Create an application on the designated website, making sure you are following all the competition rules to avoid disqualification.
- Submit your application after filling the bio-data form and uploading your video, the lyrics and other documents.
- Make sure that you observe all the competition rules to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants should note that all songs must be Original compositions and speak in favour of Anti-corruption themes –which are integrity, good governance, good behaviour, a corruption-free society, etc.
- Lyrics of the song must be stated and submitted
- The songs and lyrics should be in English or Pidgin English or may also be a combination of both.
- Only one song per entry.
- Song should not be a cover, medley or compilation of songs.
- Song Entries must be submitted online at https://20thanniversary.icpc.gov.ng
- Competition starts on 6 July 2020.
- The deadline for the submission of entries was slated for Sunday, 19th July, 2020, 23:59 West African Time (WAT).
- Late entries would not be condoned and unseriousness is not to be entertained.
- Each entry will be assessed by a panel of judges, who will shortlist until the best entries are carefully chosen.
- Winners will be notified by email.] and as such, you are advised to drop your active email address to enable your contacting, should in case you were shortlisted.
Who’s Eligibile to apply
- Only Nigerian youths between the ages of 15 – 29 years.
- A government-issued identification means is also required to prove age and citizenship
RELATED POST: NDLEA Recruitment 2020 Login and Registration Portal apply here
Competition Mode of Entry
- All contestants are to record themselves (or their group of not more than 8 persons) singing their composed song with or without accompaniment.
- Only one entry per person or group (and if a person is part of a group, a separate individual entry should not be submitted)
- A duration of 30 – 60 second video of the recorded singing is to be uploaded to the 20 Anniversary website at 20thanniversary.icpc.gov.ng
- Supported video formats: mov, mp4, m4v, webm, ogv, wmv, flv, avi
- The Lyrics should also be uploaded.
- Judging and selection of short listed candidates would be done by a panel of music experts.
- All Contestants must follow ICPC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
- Winners will be notified by email.
Criteria for Judging Entries
- The first and most important criteria for judging song entries is the content and relevance of the lyrics in the song
- Then the placement of words in the arrangement of lyrics
- Finally the singing and presentation of the lyrics as a song.
- Plagiarism of videos or lyrics of other artists is strictly forbidden and will lead to disqualification.
- ICPC officers, immediate family of ICPC officers and the Judges are not eligible to apply.
- Professional artistes and musicians are also not eligible.
ICPC 3 million naira competition Selection & Assessment Process
- Each entry will be randomly sent to any 2 judges from the panel of judges for evaluation.
- The average score of the two judges forms the entry’s score.
- A total of 100 candidates will be selected to go to the next level.
- The shortlisted entries now go the second stage which involve three judges. The 3 judges will score each of the entries. The average of their score becomes the new score of each entry at this stage.
- A final top 10 entries will emerge.
- The Top 10 will be placed on the Voting Platform for the public to vote.
- The winners (Top 5) will emerge based on the public votes.
PRIZES in Cash to be Won
1 Prize: Three Million Naira (₦3,000,000)
2 Prize: Two Million Naira (₦2,000,000)
3 Prize: One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (₦1,500,000)
4 Prize: One Million Naira (₦1,000,000)
5 Prize: Five Hundred Thousand Naira (₦500,000)
Good luck in your applications.
RELATED POST: National Adopted Village or Smart Agriculture NAVSA Recruitment Registration 2020