Wema Bank Job Team Lead Loan Review Enterprise Risk Management 2020/2021 Wema Bank Nigeria is recruiting to fill vacant position in the Organization, Wema Bank is the pioneer of Africa’s first fully digital bank, ALAT, and one of Nigeria’s most resilient banks. With decades of experience in the business of banking, the Bank has remained innovative in delivering value to its stakeholders. The publicly quoted Nigerian company has successfully built a legacy of trust and resilience that has won it the loyalty of its customers. The Bank is constantly introducing products and services tailored to the needs of its customers at every stage of their lives. It is a proud partner to more than one million individuals, families and businesses across Nigeria, helping them achieve their personal and financial goals.
Academic/ Mental Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Business related field with emphasis in quantitative background e.G. Finance, accounting, Business Administration or Statistics.
A minimum of five-year experience in Loan Review, Credit, Audit, Internal Control and marketing functions
Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIB, CFA
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Performs regular loan portfolio reviews based on risk and/or size of all credit types.
- Ensures acceptable credit standards are maintained (verifies lien perfection, repayment capacity and collateral adequacy etc.)
- Ensures Risk Assets creation conforms with the banks lending policies and procedures. Also, ensure compliance with relevant State and Federal laws and regulations
- Ensures the creditworthiness of the loan portfolio, identify and report anomalies/ emerging risks that merit the review of the lending practices and/or adverse asset classification.
- Identify problem loans, track warning signals and work to ensure quick remediation
- Reviews banks processes (loan approvals, policy exception reporting, supervisory loan to value limits, underwriting, covenants, reporting, etc.)
- Determines if proper approval procedures and loan authorities were adhered to before disbursement
- Verify the quality, completeness and accuracy of supporting loan documentation and analysis
- Periodically reviews files for appraisals, deeds of trust, UCC filings, perfection on liens, collateral evaluations and valuations etc.
- Aids Relationship Management and other SBU (Credit administration, FINCON, Account officers) on loan related accounts.
In addition to the Loan Review officers requirements, the Team Lead must possess the following additional competence.
Good knowledge of lending practices
Coordinate the day to day review of the risk assets of the Team
Carry out monthly and quarterly classification of risk assets in line with Prudential guidelines including a robust understanding of IFRS 9 classification model
Organize quarterly Watchlist Committee meetings to review Non-Performing Loans/ those showing signs of defaults and ensure directives reached are followed through to restore performance or recovery regularly provide schedule of accounts going into default for further review by the Watchlist Committee
Should be versatile and be able to closely monitor the portfolio/ track early warning signals and interact with relevant stakeholders with a view to ensuring a reduced loan loss expense
Provide summary report on key issues to the management credit committee on regular basis
Carry out other adhoc tasks as assigned by the Head of Department
Perform special credit investigations
Critique product papers and make recommendations for improvement, if need be
Contribute extensively to aid the digitalization of the monitoring function
Monitor lending limits, single obligor limits, concentration risk etc.
Effective project monitoring skills
Carry out collateral visitation and provide best of judgement opinion
Good review and mentoring skills
- Free online globally recognized certifications on Coursera
- Remote work policy (to guarantee your work life balance)
- Fitness programmes
- Industry leading Healthcare coverage (including EAP)
- Flexible dress code policy, to make you work in a more relaxed method
- Medical Insurance
To apply for this Wema Bank Job recruitment 2020/2021, CLICK HERE to apply.