The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer-Abuja Nigeria
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer-Abuja Nigeria The International Foundation for Electoral Systems is recruiting for the positions of Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer-Abuja, Nigeria, if you meet the qualifications and you know you can handle the above named position, then this article is for you.
RELATED POST: Tenstrings music institute job Music production instructor
• Lead and coordinate the collection of performance data throughout the life of the project.
• Maintain a database of performance indicators and ensure that the database is up to date in terms of baseline, targets, and actuals in line with the project’s logic framework and/or Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
• Liaise regularly with the program implementing team and maintain a calendar of events to anticipate and plan for any monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data collection needs.
• Liaise regularly with the IFES M&E team in HQ to ensure data collection tools are appropriate and meet requirements for specific data collection efforts.
• Plan and help with the implementation of data collection efforts such as pre- and post-training surveys, special population surveys, and other data collection efforts that feed into periodic evaluations of different components of the program as well as the program’s risk mitigation efforts.
• Write periodic reports for the IFES Nigeria office to document M&E data findings and report the progress of the project in relation to the logic framework/PMP to IFES HQ and USAID. • Assess logic framework/PMP indicators annually or more often, if necessary, to ensure relevance to planned results; suggest revisions or additions to PMP indicators if needed.
RELATED POST: IOM UN Migration Job Project Coordinator Humanitarian Hubs – P4
• Maintain and safeguard the electronic and hard copies of files to serve as backup related to the logic framework/PMP.
• Develop and maintain a database of minutes of meetings, photos, and various reports produced by different staff in the office.
• Participate in meetings, training events and capacity building activities to collect data in relation to reporting and M&E.
• Monitor the media and other sources of information to collect information for reporting and provide evidence to support the verification of the PMP indicators.
• Conduct other activities as may be requested by the Country Director or designee.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
• Experience in the drafting of performance monitoring plans (PMPs); Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plans (AMELPs); and Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS).
• Experience with Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) on U.S. Government-funded awards is strongly preferred.
• Experience with data collection, data analysis, and effective data presentation techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to produce substantive and clear reporting documents.
RELATED POST: Ericsson Nigeria Job – Solution Architect Apply here
• Demonstrated capacity to work with senior program staff to assess and report on program performance.
• Knowledge and experience with USAID monitoring, evaluation and reporting standards.
• Experience with coordinating surveys and focus groups is strongly preferred.
• Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
• Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
• Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
RELATED POST: MasterCard Job Talent Acquisition Consultant – 6 month contract
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
• Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in social science, research methodology, international development, evaluation research, statistics or economics. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience working with international NGOs on monitoring and evaluation of international technical assistance programs.
• Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience with data visualization a plus.
• Experience working on donor-funded programs, such those under USAID, DFID or GiZ, preferred.
• Experience working on democracy and governance programs, especially in electoral assistance projects, preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
RELATED POST: Npower Batch C – Npower begins Shortlisting for Stream 2
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (Sr. MEL Officer) for its work in Nigeria, under a USAID-funded program in Nigeria, entitled Supporting Electoral Accountability & Transparency (SEAT). The SEAT program is designed to build the capacity of the Nigerian election administration at the national and state levels to better inform, engage Nigerian citizens on electoral and political processes, and engage in international observation to promote the transparency of Nigerian elections.
The Sr. MEL Officer provides strategic guidance, vision and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the activity. This individual will ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID. The Sr. MEL Officer oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures the accurate reporting of program activities and results to IFES HQ and the donor.
RELATED POST: Lagos State Inec Adhoc Staff Job Recruitment 2021 Apply here