Renew LLC Renewstrategies.com Job Recruitment Senior Investment Manager Renew LLC Renew Strategies is inviting Qualified applicants to apply for the post of Senior Investment Manager 2020/2021, If you have what it takes to be a Senior Investment Manager at Renew LLC Strategies 2020.
Seniority level Mid-Senior level
Employment type Full-time
Job function Finance Sales
Industries Investment Management Financial Services Venture Capital & Private Equity
At RENEW, we see opportunities in Africa where others too often only notice the problems. We invest rather than provide handouts, by finding promising businesses, connecting them to investors around the world and growing them into world-class companies. We do this because we believe that many growing businesses together create the engine that lifts entire nations out of poverty. Our vision is to become the best middle-market investment firm in Africa and investing in 20 countries across the continent.
Since 2012, we have been pioneering an innovative blended-finance model that partners with the development community and focuses on investing in high-potential small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Africa. This blended model allows us to invest in smaller deals that are often overlooked by larger investors, but are too big for microfinance. We then help these companies build disciplined, gender-smart management systems and teams and grow them into market leaders. As a result of our investment work in Ethiopia, we have become one of the most active SME investment firms in East Africa, and the Impact Angel Network or IAN (our network of angel investors) has grown to become the largest North American-based angel network dedicated to investing in SMEs in Africa.
We are inviting passionate and qualified candidates to apply to join our team as Senior Investment Manager, based in Kampala. In candidates, we look for those who align with our values: loyalty, integrity, trustworthiness, commitment and a trailblazing attitude. We welcome challenges and face them head-on each and every day! What we do is not easy, but it is rewarding and forces us to grow. As such, we hire individuals who are committed to their work, take pride in what they do and are relentless in advancing projects forward in a systematic manner. Additionally, the people that flourish at RENEW are mission-driven; they see the big picture and the long-term result of their work and sincerely wish to make a lasting economic impact on the continent of Africa. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
The Senior Investment Manager will need to learn quickly, be capable of handling a diverse range of tasks, troubleshoot problems and design and implement creative solutions, and take on increasing responsibility. She or he will receive regular support and training from senior management and may potentially be groomed into a country or regional manager.
The successful candidate will lead the financial analysis and asset management function at RENEW, supporting the pre- and post-investment activities while reporting directly to RENEW’s Managing Partner. This will involve:
- Overseeing RENEW’s core investment activities, in partnership with RENEW’s Investment Director and with support from RENEW’s investment analysts
- Establishing and managing relationships with companies and local stakeholders to ensure investors have access to the best investment opportunities and information
- Analyzing financial information, business plans, and reports for, and performing other due diligence on, pipeline companies and specific investment opportunities
- Remaining up-to-date with East Africa’s investment products and market developments impacting priority sectors and RENEW’s pipeline and portfolio
- Preparing research reports, investment memos and recommendations for the Investment Director, the Investment Committee (IC) and members of the Impact Angel Network
- Preparing financial models and projections for prospective investment opportunities
- Supporting the legal team and IC in the negotiation of investment terms, structures and agreements
- Registering investments and complying with local investment regulations in completing investments
- Working with portfolio companies to design and implement financial management systems and best practices; building budgets, cash flow forecasts, acting as temporary CFO for portfolio companies
- Training local accountants and CFOs to assume the role of CFO in portfolio companies
- Creating and improving on existing investment management systems and tools
- Preparing investor reports, with input from portfolio company management
- At times, and in partnership with RENEW’s partners, hosting Econ-Tourism Trips for members of the Impact Angel Network
- Playing a leadership role in the ongoing professional development of the investment team
- Initiating new relationships and managing existing ones with the business, finance, development and government communities in Uganda
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or related areas
- CFA and/or CPA designations will be considered favorably, although neither is mandatory
- 5+ years’ experience as a financial analyst or in a finance management role
- Very high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling and accounting, and financial analysis
- Private equity and/or venture capital sector experience preferred, or experience working as a finance manager in an African operating company
- Fluency in English with a demonstrated capacity to speak and write at the highest levels of proficiency in English in professional and international settings
- Strong skills in risk assessment and an ability to anticipate short- and long-term implications of potential risks and investment decisions
- Ability to make sound decisions and commit to decisions with confidence and authority
- Capacity to hold one’s self and teams accountable for outcomes and deadlines
- Ability to interact directly and independently with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior management of clients and partners, as well as senior government officials
- Ability to identify and cause others, both internally and externally, to adopt best practices and lessons learned in order to effect change, realize efficiencies, and bring about improvements
- Experience working with teams to overcome boundaries, including bringing differing and creative ideas to the forefront
- Solid relationship management skills with a proven track record of success in developing client relationships and meeting client needs and objectives at the highest levels of quality
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and mentor and contribute to the development of more junior staff
- Capacity to handle and prioritize numerous and often competing objectives and deliver high quality results on a tight schedule
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across time zones and country borders
- In addition, the following qualifications will be considered favorably: 1) Experience working in Africa, 2) Consulting and/or project management experience, 3) Supervisory experience
Location and Travel Opportunities:
The position is based out of Kampala, Uganda, with frequent local and regional travel and occasional international travel. Candidates can expect to travel to RENEW’s regional offices up to 3 times per year.
Expat Benefits: Relocation, housing and transportation will be provided.
RENEW has been facilitating impact investments in East Africa and Asia since 2008. Our team of investment, marketing, business and legal professionals is located in offices in Ethiopia, Uganda and the United States.
We invite you to learn more about RENEW by visiting our website www.renewstrategies.com
How to Apply for Renew LLC Strategies Job Recruitment 2020/2021
To Apply for Renew LLC job recruitment all you have to do is visit the job online portal and apply for the Position of Senior Investment Manager, CLICK HERE to apply