Rand Merchant Bank Job Recruitment Relationship Manager 2021 Rand Merchant Bank is recruiting to fill the empty job space of Relationship Manager, if you are aspiring to work with the above mentioned bank then this job recruitment opportunity is for and we urge you to grab it with both hands.
Job title: Relationship Manager
Department: Investment Banking Division
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
RMB is seeking to fill the Relationship Manager role within the Coverage Team to develop and maintain strong client relationships, originate business and identify opportunities to cross-sell for RMB Nigeria and the broader FirstRand Group in line with the strategic objectives of the Bank.
To develop and maintain strong client relationships. Originate business and identify opportunities to cross-sell for RMBN and the broader First Rand Group in line with the strategic objectives of the Bank.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Management of client portfolio:
• Develop the portfolio by prospecting new clients, cross selling and offering suitable banking services to the existing customers in adherence with coverage disciplines i.e. sales campaigns, CAPS, deal pipelines;
• Plan and outline strategic objectives for the portfolio;
• Communicate and document client interactions and feedback to stakeholders with regards to client developments through call reports and face-to-face discussions;
• Initiate client scoping sessions to gain client insights;
• Initiate brainstorming sessions to identify opportunities across the group and manage action items thereof;
• Coordinate the creation of innovative solutions for specific product areas based on client feedback;
• Interrogate and manage MIS data to minimize revenue leakage on a continuous basis;
• Proactively manage credit facilities to ensure adequate limits are in place and early wanting signals are identified & escalated;
• Manage escalated unresolved client complaints;
• Manage complex relationships within support areas to ensure best outcome for both the client and the bank;
Effective internal and external stakeholder relationship management:
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, displaying excellent abilities to initiate dialogue and listen, advise, influence, negotiate;
• Initiate meetings with key stakeholders to track progress, manage expectations and ensure stakeholders’ needs are met;
• Ensure client expectations are met or exceeded;
• Use influence and negotiation to achieve win-win outcomes;
• Proactively communicate and share information and encourage discussion and debate (share successes and highlight challenges).
Effective teamwork, self-management and alignment with group values:
• Imbibe the RMB promises & continually drive RMB’s values;
• Create brand presence for oneself;
• Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and
• Make an effort to stay relevant and up-to-date with legislation, new developments etc.;
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective selfmanagement;
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback;
• Continually share, debate and communicate learnings;
• Be proactive in anticipating potential problems and continually monitor progress to ensure small
details are not missed;
• Challenge with conviction.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Qualifications
• The successful candidate should have at the minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in
Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines
• Minimum 10 years in a similar role and relevant industry;
• At least 3 years relevant experience in the Large Indigenous Corporates business segment
• Good knowledge of Corporate and Investment banking knowledge, including treasury products
• Previous exposure to the preparation of credit proposals
• Track record of sourcing new clients
• Proven track record in converting opportunities into revenue generation;
• Ability to negotiate and influence across all levels including senior stakeholders;
• Ability to unearth client needs and match them to appropriate banking solutions;
• Detailed understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry and its legal and regulatory requirements
• Strong analytical skills
• Good working legal and credit knowledge;
• Strong Financial Acumen;
• Strong verbal and written communication;
• Sound presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills;
• Ability to make cold calls;
Human Relations Profile
• Ability to strike and maintain good client relationships.
• Strong character & integrity paramount
• High degree of self-confidence; pleasant personality; well presented
How to Apply for Rand Merchant Bank Job Recruitment 2021
Application submission: Kindly forward applications or details of any suitable & interested candidates CV’s to email@example.com quoting job ref (REF: RMBN/RM/04/21), Alternatively you can apply using the second method.
The Bank is inviting interested and Qualified applicants to apply for the job space in the Financial Company, Click here to apply.