Nestle Nigeria Limited recruitment- Factory Chemist Apply Here Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Company: Nestlé Nigeria Plc.
Location: Abaji, Nigeria Abuja, NG, PMB 21164
Position Type: Full-Time
Minimum Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 2 Years Relevant Experience
- Chemical and physical analyses of raw materials and line samples (in-process).
- Providing guidance on product recipe and compliance management especially in the area of chemical contaminants.
- Coordinating the organization’s Confidence Assessment and Tracking Programme.
- Managing the Chemical Contaminant Monitoring Programme.
- Coordinating HAZMAT (Hazardous Material) Programme for Abaji factory.
- Managing the inventory of the laboratory and supporting (advice) on procurement of laboratory re-agents, standards, materials and equipment.
- Coordinating equipment maintenance and calibration, as well as the ICP (Internal Control Plan) for all lab equipment.
- Managing GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) Programme, including analytical method monitoring, method verification and Chemistry Proficiency Testing for Abaji Factory.
- Acting as the Laboratory Safety champion and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) representative for the Quality Assurance department.
- Qualification of Factory Personnel, such as other QA staffs and Water treatment Technicians on Analytical Methods.
- Supporting the Food Safety Team on Chemical contaminants.
- Interfacing with the relevant partners in Yearly Monitoring Plans and other areas of improvement/challenge.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Food Engineering, Biochemistry, Food Science/Technology or other closely-related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a food processing environment within a similar FMCG company.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), including knowledge of the usage of SAP.
- Knowledge of analytical and problem-solving tools such as PARETO, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma or DMAIC, Fishbone, KAIZEN, TPM, etcetera.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills, able to draw up fact-based analyses and make sound decisions.
- Innovative and dynamic individual; quick-thinker with a high level of agility and adaptability to change.
- Proximity to Abaji Factory, Abuja or its environs is a key requirement.
How do I apply?
Apply by clicking on the “Apply” link, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: The closing date for application is September 21, 2020. We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
Nestle Nigeria Limited recruitment- Factory Chemist Apply Here