Leap Africa Job recruitment – Procurement Officer 2021 Apply here Lead Africa is recruiting to fill the vacant space of procurement officer in the Organisation, qualified and interested applicants are invited to apply for this job, we will outline the application requirements and how to apply.
LEAP Africa is a non profit organization focused on raising dynamic, innovative and principled leaders who will drive positive transformation in Africa. We provide relevant and tailored interventions that support effective youth transitions in the area of education, entrepreneurship & employability, civic participation and social mobility for young Africans.
We are on a strategic journey towards building a world class institution that seeks to be an ecosystem builder, a thought leader and a development hub for young people. We are seeking to hire a Strategy and Partnership Development Lead to support the organization by developing, managing, and growing relationships with existing and potential partners; while also supporting the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs” in Africa.
Please carefully fill out this application form below to be considered for the position as Procurement Officer at LEAP Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Report to and work closely with the Finance and Admin Manager in developing new and strengthening existing procurement systems and structures in the organization.
2) Provide and drive procurement (acquisition of goods and services) activities in order to provide effective support to user departments, getting the best value, quality and impacting the bottom line positively through cost reduction.
3) Vendor management – Coordinate the registration and accreditation of all LEAP vendors ( both local and international), Carry out vendor on-boarding for all vendors, manage vendor databases, ensure proper documentation of all vendor activities.
4) Strictly follow the procurement cycle in the procurement of goods and services on behalf of the organization – needs assessment, need specification, source options and plans, price negotiation and contract, purchase order, delivery, expediting delays, receipt and inspection of orders, invoice approval and payment, record maintenance.
5) Research, compare and analyse varieties of products and evaluate prospective suppliers; and ensure purchases comply with Company’s standards.
6) Source for and acquire resource grants on behalf of the organization.
7) Stakeholder relationship management – Manage relationships between vendors, internal and external stakeholders; Manage regulatory compliance procedures related to procurement such as payment of withholding taxes etc.
RELATED POST: Promasidor Nigeria Job Recruitment Supervisor Procurement
8) Conduct periodic vendor/contractor performance evaluation for quality improvement and provide/discuss outcome with them
9) Provide quick and proactive communication/ response to all relevant stakeholders towards resolving any issues or complaints.
10) Support in the sale of LEAP books, periodic visits to bookstores, and efficient stock management plan for LEAP’s books.
1) Bachelor’s degree in any field.
2) At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in managing corporate procurement in a structured organization.
3) A proven track record of success in resource mobilization and stakeholder management.
4) Highly organized.
5) Knowledge of ERP or other accounting software
6) Highly skilled in the use of MS Office Suite; Data analysis and management
7) Very good interpersonal skills.
8) Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including negotiation skills; must be very responsive.
9) A high level of integrity, sound judge
How to apply for Lead Africa job 2021
After going through the job article body and you are satisfied and qualified you can then apply for this job, Click here to apply.