Jumia Nigeria is recruiting for Chief Operating Officer Full Time Job 2020 Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Jumia Mall Country COO will be responsible for leading the improvement of the Jumia Mall Customer Experience, Vendor Experience & Operational Profitability in his country. Ensuring sharp execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading country related specific projects to reach those objectives.
Customer Experience being defined by all elements impacting the satisfaction of a customer navigating or buying on Jumia online experience, delivery experience, product experience, customer service experience, aftersales (returns / warranties) experience.
Vendor Experience being defined by all elements impacting the satisfaction of a vendor selling on Jumia: online experience, operational experience, payment/finance experience.
Customer & Vendor Experience improvements are the core of Jumia’s strategic objectives, the Jumia Mall Country COO will benefit strong support from the Country CEO.
The Jumia Mall Country COO challenges are described as below: • Management: Managing the functions of the following teams such as:
- Customer experience
- Vendor experience
- Customer Service
- IT local resources
- Leading recruitment when necessary.
• Leadership: Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, vendor management, marketing) to explain the forecasted projects & get support, as many of the Ops projects are transversal.
• Projects/routines definition & execution
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their sharp and timely local execution
- Ensuring strict execution of the centrally defined routines
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness across the country’s different services, through training & communication centralising all actions.
- Gather detailed feedback from customers & vendor
- Feed central team with feedback synthesis and the related necessary improvements
- Lead and implement necessary improvements at a local level.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in any field from a recognized and accredited University.
- 8-10 years work experience and at least 5-6 years’ work experience at a senior operations management level.
- Deep knowledge of customer/vendor Experience best practices in e-commerce or retail industry
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Problem solving and quick decision-making ability.
- Proven experience in target setting and ability to efficiently manage multi-functional team
- Ability to get Hands on with the team & results oriented • Well organized and excellent communication skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
To Apply for this Jumia all you have to do is make sure you have data to access the jumia online official job application portal for 2020, once you are on the portal, make sure your credentials is well updated, you do not need to visit any office everything is done online through Npowernews.com CLICK ON THIS LINK TO APPLY