FHI 360 Job recruitment Assistant Technical Officer Child Protection FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization has long managed in projects relating to family planning and reproductive health
Position Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Child Protection (ATO-CP)
Location: LGA Level
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships, and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities, and countries to succeed. Read more about this company on our website.
Under the protection sector, FHI 360 aims at improving the wellbeing of vulnerable individuals through increased access to psychosocial support services and integrated Gender-Based Violence (GBV) support and Child Protection. Key activities under the Child Protection sub sector includes:
- Improving access to timely and quality Case Management services for children at risk.
- Strengthening and Supporting Community Based Child Protection Mechanisms.
- Setting up Child Friendly Spaces to meet psychosocial, development and cognitive needs of Children affected by conflict.
- Protecting excluded children.
- Integrating Child Protection in Health, Nutrition, WASH, etc.
Under the overall supervision of the Field Coordinator (FC) and technical supervision of the Technical Officer – Child Protection, the ATO, Child Protection will oversee setting up and implementing child friendly spaces to meet psychosocial, development and cognitive needs of children affected by conflict. S/He will also set up and support the operationalization of community-based child protection mechanisms. The ATO, CP will also be responsible for all child protection awareness activities at community level with an aim to raise awareness on child protection related issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In coordination with community leaders, local government authorities, identify based on the existing criteria of selection, community-based child protection committees in each community. Hold regular meetings with the community-based child protection committees and follow-up on actions to improve welfare of children in the community.
- In collaboration with community leaders, local government authorities, identify based on pre -existing criteria the selection of Child Protection community volunteers who will work to disseminate child protection activities in the community.
- Train and provide overall technical support and mentorship for community volunteers in charge of conducting CP awareness activities.
- In coordination with beneficiaries and community leaders, identify suitable locations for setting up Child Friendly spaces in the assigned community.
- Conduct regular feedback sessions with children to collect information on the relevance and usefulness of activities to children and make recommendations to improve such activities.
- Liaise with the ATO, Case Management to ensure child in need of case management services are referred to ATO, CM for support.
- In coordination with CP community volunteers, child protection committee members, leaders and local leaders and government authorities, organize and implement CP awareness campaigns on major international campaign days such as Day of the African Child, 16 days of activism etc.
- In coordination with community leaders and community volunteers identify and conduct peer education sessions in the community
- In coordination with the TO, CP establish a child protection LGA level coordination meetings and CP referral pathways.
- Adhere to the child protection guiding principles always.
- Compile weekly, biweekly and monthly activity reports as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in facilitating training and mentorship of local communities to support child protection activities.
- Mandatory fluent in English and local languages – Hausa, Kanuri
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding and commitment to child’s rights and child protection issues
- Ability to live in the field with minimum access services.
- Excellent computer skills
- Dynamic, pro-active
- Knowledge on CPIMS+ an added advantage
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Acts according to FHI360 values; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions.
- Solid understanding and working experience of safeguarding and accountability.
- Respectful, willing to cooperate with and support project stakeholders including colleagues, beneficiaries, local community, and local leaders.
- Safeguarding of Children FHI 360 is committed to protecting the dignity, rights and well-being of all children involved in its programs and activities around the world.
Qualifications and Requirements:
BSc/BA in Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years of relevant experience with NGO or CBO. One year relevant experience in Child Protection programming including Case Management is desirable. Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to Apply for FHI360 Nigeria Job recruitment 2021
Applying for FHI360 Jobs Recruitment through this platform is more effective, please make sure you’ve gone through this post and also ensure to share this article with your friends, Click here to apply.