Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC recruitment- Physician Public Health Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC Nigeria, is currently recruiting to fill some vacant space in the Health Organization, please endeavor to go through this post very well before applying and you can apply for this job through npowernews.com
Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC is recruiting for the below Position 2020:
Job Title: Physician (Public Health)
Job ID: HHS-CDC-OD-20-10849057
Department: Department of Health And Human Services
Agency: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Job Announcement Number: HHS-CDC-OD-20-10849057
Series & Grade: GP–13/14
Agency Marketing Statement
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation’s premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world. CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
As a Physician (Public Health), you will:
- Provide medical advice and consultation on critical problems in the medical / public health field. Manage significant projects, programs, and staff (to include representational duties with the Embassy).
- Provide scientific and / or technical guidance to host governments, health-related organizations, private and public foundations, etc. in the development of public health studies, programs, systems, strategies and / or services.
- Evaluate data collection, quality control and / or data utilization methods used to study a medical problem or issue.
- Apply new methods, approaches and technology or adaptation of existing methodologies to new and unusual situations.
- Promote the development of field epidemiological training programs.
- Provide medical leadership for the implementation of integrated public health programs.
- Foster compliance with all ethical guidelines for scientific studies and management of programs.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System.
- Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Drug Screening Required: Positions requiring a top-secret or secret clearance will be required to be drug tested.
- Mobility agreement may be required.
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
- Relocation Incentive may be authorized.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized.
- Positions will require a top-secret or secret clearance depending on the position.
- Promotion Potential: Please be advised there is no promotion potential. Any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
- Supervisory position: This announcement may be used to fill supervisory positions. If the position is supervisory, candidates must also have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any previous experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position. If position has 20% supervisory duties, candidates must also have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants should describe any previous experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC recruitment- Physician Public Health
- CDC Financial Disclosure -OGE Form 450 Holding ourselves to a higher standard; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles.
- This position may be subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- Applicants must possess a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada.
- This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association http://www.ama-assn.org/councils/council-medical-education/about-council-medical-education; Association of American Medical Colleges http://www.aamc.org/; Liaison Committee on Medical Education http://www.chea.org/liaison-committee-medical-education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association http://osteopathic.org/accreditation/, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education http://ope.ed.gov/dapip/#/home at the time the degree was obtained.
- A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States.
- Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) http://www.ecfmg.org / (http://www.ecfmg.org , a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
- For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada.
- An internship program involves broadly based clinical practice in which physicians acquire experience in treating a variety of medical problems under supervision (e.g., internal medicine, surgery, general practice, obstetrics-gynecology, and pediatrics). Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) http://www.acgme.org/.
- A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in a hospital or an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) http://www.aamc.org or Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME http://www.acgme.org/ .
- A fellowship program involves advanced training (beyond residency training) in a given medical specialty in either a clinical or research setting in a hospital or an institution accredited in the United States for such training.
- Additional Requirements: In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements, applicants must also meet the following for a Physician, GP-13/14. For GP-13: Three years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
- Experience: Applicants must possess at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service implementing and evaluating medical activities related to public health programs. For GP-14: Four years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
- Experience: Applicants must possess at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service designing and overseeing medical activities related to public health programs.
How you will be evaluated:
- Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
- If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
- Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Vacancies will be filled through OPM’s Direct Hire Authority.
- Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
- All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration.
- Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority. For more information on OPM’s authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
- Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Knowledge of medical activities to include surveillance and epidemiology.Knowledge of public health program management.Skill in oral communication.Skill in written communication.
- Although this announcement is advertised for multiple duty locations and grade levels, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at all grade levels or locations.
- This announcement is being used to create an inventory of applicants for Physician positions and will be used to fill immediate and future needs.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to maximize their employment opportunities. Your application will remain in the inventory of tentatively qualified applicants.
- Applicants that are among the best qualified will be referred to the selecting official for consideration as requests to fill vacancies are processed by the Human Resources Office. The first cut-off date for you to be referred will be July 20, 2020. Thereafter, additional referral lists will be generated throughout the open period as vacancies occur. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
- This is an open continuous announcement. Qualified applicants will be considered as job opportunities occur and may or may not receive further notification regarding the status of their application.
- Term appointments may be shortened or extended up to a maximum of four years based on the needs of the agency without further competition. Subsequent employment for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC recruitment- Physician Public Health
$78681.0 to $102288.0 / Per Year
- This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-20-10849056 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
- Note: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered. Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
- Overseas Assignments: Overseas assignments are for two years. The assignment may be extended based on the needs of the agency. -These positions may be eligible for special pay allowances (e.g., post differential, housing, relocation, market pay, etc.).
- Immunizations are required and will be administered by the CDC before relocating overseas.
- To work overseas for the CDC, the selectee will need to obtain security and medical clearances before being cleared to report to the overseas duty station.
- Continued employment will be subject to submission of all documentation necessary to obtain the medical and security clearances (including documentation for any accompanying dependents), within thirty (30) business days and obtaining the security clearance within six (6) months of the initial appointment. Please note the inability to secure the clearances necessary for overseas duty will result in termination of the appointment to the position.
- Citizens or permanent residents of the host country are not eligible to be considered. -Current permanent status CDC employees will be processed using a Term appointment.
- The selectee will not have statutory return rights. Subsequent employment for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
- You must apply to the merit promotion announcement for statutory return rights to your permanent CDC position title, series, and grade. -Additional information on living and traveling abroad may be found at: http://aoprals.state.gov/content.asp?ontent_id=184&menu_id=78. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans’ preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility.
- If you are claiming 10-point veterans’ preference, you must also submit an SF-15, “Application for 10-Point Veterans’ Preference” plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans’ preference see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov). Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see: http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position. To view the questionnaire, click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10849057 If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2020 by 11:59 PM (EST).
How to Apply for the CDC job recruitment: Interested applicants can apply for this job/recruitment, by click on the cdc official job application portal, Click here to apply for the cdc job
- To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
- A complete application package must be submitted by on 01/05/2021 of this announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply.
- If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your Résumé and / or other supporting documents to be included with your application package.
- You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process. You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
- You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the Alternate Application link listed in the Additional Information section of this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes: Your Résumé showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter,
- Optional Veterans Preference Documentation,
- If applicable Medical Degree Transcript,
- Medical Degree Diploma,
- Current Medical License or ECFMG Certificate (Foreign Medical Degree) Career Transition Assistance Program or Interagency Transition Assistance Program documentation,
- If applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation,
- Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal;
- SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal).
Note: You may submit an unofficial transcript or a list of college courses completed indicating course titles, credit hours, and grades received. An official transcript from an accredited educational institution is required if you are selected for the position. Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted. For Résumé and Application Tips visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tips.
What to Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Qualified applicants will be considered as job opportunities occur and may or may not receive further notification regarding the status of their application.
For more information please use the comment box to leave a comment for us, and we will get back to you in no time.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC recruitment- Physician Public Health