British American Tobacco Job Recruitment- Tax Manager 2020 Apply here British American Tobacco Company is currently recruiting to fill the Vacant position of Tax Manager 2020, British American Tobacco Company invites all qualified applicants to apply for the Post of Tax Manager in the British American Tobacco Company, the company is currently recruiting, you are advised to apply before the stipulated deadline for the Job.
This article talks about how you are going to apply for the post of Tax Manager at British American Tobacco Company here in Nigeria, for your application to be successful you will have to stay till the end of this post, because we are going to talk about the Job/recruitment Application Method.
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Tax Manager to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria
Manage BATMN (BAT Nigeria) group tax affairs across the country and optimizing the BAT Nigeria group tax opportunities including strategies for business growth and expansion while ensuring compliance with tax regulations to prevent risks of default.
- Tax budgets for company plan and business reviews.
- Tax disclosures in Financial Statements and Group reporting.
- Review of all BATMN group projects and contracts for compliance with all tax rules and regulations.
- Tax parameters for company payroll and review of payroll tax reports to ensure accuracy.
- Monthly tax statistics (contribution to government revenue) for social reports to stakeholders.
- Prepare and file all monthly and annual tax liabilities of BATMN group to 36 States and the federal tax authorities.
- Keep abreast of changes in all aspects of the laws and regulation of taxes in Nigeria, as it affects the business
- Responsible for the management of tax records of BATMN group.
- Responsible for advising, setting and implementing tax strategies across the business and ensuring optimal capital efficiency.
- Ensure BATMN group employees’ awareness of tax laws and regulatory changes as it affects their respective functions to ensure accuracy of tax accounting
- Ensure timely payment of all taxes to the appropriate Tax Authorities to avoid sanctions.
- Obtain high value tax related services at competitive fees from external Consultants.
- Respond to enquiries across BAT group as it affects Nigerian taxation.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of tax reporting, including internal forecast updates, Group reporting requirements, and annual budgeting exercises.
- Ensure efficient reporting of fixed assets to optimize tax benefits
- Minimize the present value of all tax payments without exposing the company to risks.
- Ensure prompt resolution of queries and matters arising from the reviews and queries of Nigerian tax agencies.
- Provide substantive defense for BATMN group in investigation and tax audit instances.
- Actively build the company’s reputation and relationship with the Tax Authorities to reduce friction.
- Communicate developments and changes in tax rules to all employees to manage expectations.
- Manage the withholding and Value Added tax affairs with all suppliers as they affect our contractual obligations.
- Ensure maximum value obtained from good working relationships with PwC and other external advisors and supporters.
- Identify tax-planning opportunities and appropriately develop and implement the operating strategies to expand the business.
- Obtain early return on investment by accelerating capital expenditure claims of the companies.
- Efficiently manage the effective tax rate of BATMN group.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to manage BAT’s reputation
- Engage in cross-functional projects and activities to provide tax insights to other functions of the company
- Develop and manage individual relationships with the Finance Leadership Team (FLT)
- Provide coaching to colleagues within and outside the team to aid their development
- Develop relationships with individuals and teams to reinforce credibility in communication received and conveyed
- Become the recognized point of contact for tax purposes by providing support to other functions.
- Build and maintain trust of subordinates to serve as a conduit for bottom-up communication and feedback to management
- Actively manage career within BAT, taking responsibility for seeking opportunities for development and growth within the company
- Develop and implement initiatives that will strengthen internal and external relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Over 5 years of experience as a tax specialist, preferably within a Big 4 or FMCG company
- Bachelor’s Degree within Financial Field and NYSC completed
- Very knowledgeable on the local tax dynamics and understands the implications on company business objectives.
- Innovative and influencing skills
- Ability to translate and align taxation activities to the company vision Fluency in English Language
- Understands company business environment and risks
- Proactive and strong performer who consistently achieves set goals
- Chartered Tax Practitioner/ Chartered Accountant
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good people leadership skills
- Good coaching skills
Application Method: British American Tobacco Company Jobs Recruitment is done online, you can apply for this Job though npowernews.com Before applying for the post of a tax manager at British American Tobacco Company please make sure your credentials are quite update or you can access them fully, application is done through British American Tobacco Company Job recruitment Application Online Portal 2020, CLICK HERE to apply for this Job.