British American Tobacco Company Job Recruitment- Associate Legal Counsel The British American Tobacco Company Nigeria, is Currently recruiting to fill in the Vacant Space of Associate Legal Counsel 2020, Application for the Post of Associate Legal Counsel is done Online through Npowernews.com you are advised to stay till the end of this article to have a Better Understanding of what the Job entails and as well as how to apply for this Job/recruitment.
Job Number: 29379
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Associate Legal Counsel to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the job holder will provide Litigation & other Alternative Dispute Resolution Support/Dispute Avoidance Strategies to the Head of Legal, WCA (West and Central Africa Region) and also provide Company Secretarial, legal, regulatory and strategic support to the BAT Nigeria Foundation (“BATNF”). Also providing other Legal and corporate support as assigned by the Head of Legal, WCA.
- Ensure the provision of OTIF (On Time in Full) legal support to drive a ‘zero litigation against the Company’s strategy
- Manage external Litigation counsel
- Update and manage the Litigation tracker
- Review Litigation Processes
- Manage and engage BAT witnesses and stakeholders in preparation for trial
- Drive for continuous improvement in the control environment (ABAC – Anti Bribery and Corruption, SoBC, Federal and State Legislations and Company Policies) in order to mitigate litigation risks.
BATNF (BAT Nigeria Foundation):
- Draft, negotiate and review contractual documentation for BATNF and develop where applicable standard formats, to ensure that the Foundation’s interests are legal, valid, binding, enforceable and adequately protected.
- Provide legal advice in corporate governance and regulatory matters for BATNF
- Ensure contracts are renewed as and when necessary and terminated as applicable.
- Provide active support to Foundation on company secretarial matters, compliance, corporate governance, appropriate legal advice and opinion on legal and regulatory issues.
- Effective management of the BATNF’s relationships with Third Parties and Government Authorities and Agencies.
- Ensure Business Operating Procedures are strictly adhered to and cost management drivers are enforced.
- Ability to identify and engage internal and external stakeholders to build awareness of ‘a zero-litigation strategy’
- Strong business acumen, advising the BATNF to deliver results whilst leading business, legal, regulatory and reputational risk
- Ability to advocate the Business agenda in a straightforward and compelling way to internal and external stakeholders
A lawyer with:
- Professional legal qualifications and practical commercial legal experience of not less than 3 (three) years and up to 8 years
- Ability to formulate, advise on and implement legal strategy within a multinational business context
- Working knowledge of commercial law, company law and company secretarial management, finance, tax, employment law
- Dispute resolution skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to manage and direct external litigation counsel and BAT’s witnesses.
- Experience in dealing with government and regulatory authorities
- Ability to apply knowledge of legal drafting to produce standard business critical agreements and adapt creatively where necessary, and proactively communicate legal concepts to business colleagues in clear, simple terms.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of corporate and commercial legal issues and ability to apply such knowledge to the Foundation.
- Good commercial judgment; ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Ability to organise, prepare and deliver power point presentations
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong inter-personal, oral and written communication skills.
- Appropriate level of maturity to provide credibility at senior levels externally and internally
Application Deadline: Application deadline for the post of Associate Legal Counsel at British American Tobacco Company was not stated, you are advised to apply as soon as you come in contact with this article
How to Apply: Application method is done online only, you are expected to upload your Cv/ Credentials on the British American Tobacco Company official job recruitment portal 2020, Click here to apply.