Bolt Ride Job Senior Public Policy Manager – West and Central Africa 2021 Bolt is looking to recruit for the position of Senior Policy Manager in West and Central Africa, if you have been nursing the desire of working with Bolt then this opportunity is for you, the Company is inviting qualified and interested applicants to apply.
We are looking for a Senior Public Policy Manager to join Bolt’s team and cover West and Central Africa. You will be the key point of contact for local teams, protecting the business from damaging legislation, regulation and administration at a national and regional level
- Management and mitigation of political, regulatory and legislative risk
- Design and execution of public affairs strategy including timeline for engagement with KPIs
- Comprehensive stakeholder mapping: assist in-country business units with identifying key stakeholders among elected officials, civil servants, third party groups; ensuring that information is kept current
- Message crafting and localization
- Drafting of position papers, submissions, ‘leave-behinds’, consultation papers and oral advocacy materials, as required
- Oral advocacy and effective representation of Bolt in meetings with stakeholders
- Co-primary ownership of relationship with regulatory authorities in operational markets
- Maintenance of relationships with 3rd party groups including NGOs, civil society groups, passenger, commuter and safety organizations
- Representing Bolt in relevant industry associations
- Establish effective relationships with policy-making and regulatory stakeholders in target markets
- Instruct and manage consultant public affairs agencies, freelancers and legal counsel as required
We are looking for:
At least 5 years of professional experience in a public affairs/ public policy capacity. You may not describe yourself as a lobbyist but you have worked in a professional capacity influencing and changing legislation, regulation and administrative procedure
This is a not a job for a career changer, nor for an enthusiastic amateur. The successful candidate is likely to come from working for an elected official or with a civil service department, regulatory agency, public affairs agency or might be an in-house in a public policy role, ideally in the tech or transport verticals
Experience of legislative and regulatory processes on a multi-jurisdictional basis
While not a communications or PR role, an understanding of how political developments impact the media cycle, and vice versa
Demonstrable successes in public affairs
The ability to work and create an advocacy agenda in accordance with a strategic governance framework
An excellent writer and communicator
The ability to relate public affairs activity to underpin the commercial operations of a business
Confident, articulate, organized, resilient
Educated to degree level, likely with some postgraduate
Formal legal training in advisory or litigation functions could be helpful but not a prerequisite. Transaction support lawyers, don’t waste your time
Good political networks in some operational markets in region are an advantage; ability to develop networks a requirement
Experience of and the confidence to represent Bolt to Cabinet level policy-makers
Business standard written and spoken English
Additional languages a distinct advantage
Why you’ll love it here:
Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
We don’t care where you work from, as long as you get the job done!
As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
Switching off is important! We have fridges full of refreshments, sports compensation, table tennis, Playstation and loads more…
How to apply for Bolt Ride Job 2021
Applying for this job does not require much time Click here to Apply.