BIC Nigeria recruitment Job General Ledger Accountant 2020/2021 BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
- This position will assist the Finance Manager, Nigeria for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The position will be responsible of the General Ledger accounting within the perimeter of Nigeria office.
Ensure that all documents and information are recorded on-time and accurately in the accountancy system respecting local legal and corporate regulations;
- Inventory: check inventory & stock take adjustments, standard cost variances
- GL: payroll entries, local and group adjustments, allocations, accruals
- AR: check sales integration, book non inventory invoices, challenge Import and Sales Support Specialist on AR bookings
- FA: book purchase, sale, scrap, depreciations
- Treasury: supplier payments, bank reconciliation, liquidity report, book FX local adjustments
- Provide external finance consulting company with data for legal declarations (VAT, withholding tax,) if any
- Preparation and booking of documents such as prepaid expenses, bank statements, etc;
- Control all prepaid expenses and accrued expenses according to statutory and Group rules;
- Assist Finance Manager, Nigeria in the preparation of local and consolidated reports;
- Prepare the monthly statutory declarations within the given deadlines;
- Ensure that all payments are carried out on-time and accurately;
- Closely follow-up the balance sheet: coordinate and supervise the Balance sheet analysis, regular reviews with the Accounting manager;
- Control all calculation and booking of VAT charges, WHT deductions and internal invoices;
- Review and balance, on a monthly basis, all accounts with debtors and creditors;
- Analyze all cost accounts at the month end according to statutory and Group rules and reclassify if necessary;
- Control the cash management and employee expense booking and balancing;
- Revaluate foreign currency accounts;
- Analyze and improve the quality of inferior accounting processes together with Finance Manager, Nigeria;
- Provide support for the external Audit teams
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in accounting and reporting.
- Professional Accounting certification such as ICAN
- At least 5 years in statutory accounting ie practical experience of bookkeeping
- Ability to prioritize and perform under pressure;
- Good sense of responsibility, discrete and reliable;
- Accurate, efficient, well-organized;
- Pro-active and positive-minded;
- Drive for results
- Professional knowledge of English is required
- COMPLEX CRITERIA:REQUIRED
- Good knowledge of the local taxes, VAT and general accounting practices along with international accounting standards (IAS/IFRS);
- Familiar with accounting software and Excel;
- Respect of MPD standards
- Experience in an international company appreciated (transactions with foreign companies)
- JDEdwards (Peoplesoft Enterprise One) finance, inventory, fixed assets modules and HFM know how is a plus
- Knowledge of French is a plus
BIC offers a competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and undergo a security check.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for the bic Nigeria recruitment Job 2020/2021 please CLICK HERE.