Bank of Industry Limited BOI Covid19 Business Loan apply here The Bank of Industry Limited (BOI) is Nigeria’s oldest, largest and most successful development financing institution. It was reconstructed in 2001 out of the Nigerian Industrial Development Bank (NIDB) Limited, which was incorporated in 1964. The bank took off in 1964 with an authorized share capital of 2 million (GBP).
The International Finance Corporation which produced its pioneer Chief Executive held 75% of its equity along with a number of domestic and foreign private investors. Although the bank’s authorized share capital was initially set at N50 billion in the wake of NIDB’s reconstruction into BOI in 2001, it has been increased to 250 billion in order to put the bank in a better position to address the nation’s rising economic profile in line with its mandate.
Eight (8) things you should know before you commence your application on this platform
The bank of industry targets businesses that engage in manufacturing and processing activities. Target sub-sectors include Agro-processing, Solid Minerals, Information Technology, Oil and Gas and Creative Industry.
RELATED POST: Win 3 Million Naira in the ICPC Music Competition For Nigerian Youths apply here
2. Entities that (BOI) bank of industy Finances
Bank of industry only finances enterprises or companies and not an individual person or group of persons. The company / enterprise must be duly registered and you will be required to provide the registration number for a Limited Liability Company or business name for an enterprise before you can proceed with your application.
3. Items that BOI can finance
The bank is principally set up to finance industrial equipment used in manufacturing. The Bank does not finance land and building which are expected to be financed from equity. You can also access your working capital requirements from any of the ten (10) SME friendly banks that Bank of Industry partners with at Monetary Policy Rate plus 6 percent.
4. Mode of disbursement
The bank does not disburse the loan to the borrower in cash but to the vendors and suppliers of the equipment that the loan application is for.
5. Amount that can be financed by BOI
BOI’s loan support to the SME starts from N5 million. However, loan below N5 million are provided on our matching fund platform which is operated in collaboration with various state governments and on our Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) scheme which is operated through Micro Finance Banks. Please click here to see how you can apply under the BOI matching Fund or the BOP scheme.
6. Collateral requirements
As part of the fiduciary responsibility in managing funds under its care, Bank of industry requires that you pledge some assets to secure you loan. However, the Bank also accepts other forms of security subject to adequate coverage of the loan being provided to you. Types of security the Bank accepts include:
- Legal mortgage on a landed property. The property must be duly registered with a Certificate of Occupancy
- Debenture on assets of the company
- Bank Guarantee
- External Guarantors with Notarized statement of Networth for loans below N10 million.
Please note that the Bank is willing to share assets previously pledged to other lenders provided the Bank’s loan is adequately covered in the arrangement. Also note that the Bank is willing to accept third party collateral.
RELATED POST: EFCC 2020 Recruitment interested applicants can Apply here
7. Startup businesses
While the Bank under its general risk acceptance criteria requires a prospective borrower to have at least three years acceptable performance track record, it can also lend to start-ups at its discretion and on a case-by-case basis. A startup would need to provide proof of cognate experience in its business area and would need to have a highly qualified management and operational team with sound management structure.
8. You need to support your application with some documents
Below is the list of documents you will need to provide for the boi loan:
Micro Small Scale Businesses Loan requirements
1. Formal Letter of Application
2. Photocopy of Certificate of Registration
3. Constitution and Bye-laws of Cooperative Society (only for Cooperative Societies)
4. Business Plan
5. Four (4) passport photographs of the Promoter (business owner)
6. Photocopy of the Current Tax Clearance Certificate of the Business Enterprise and the Promoter.
7. Photocopy of International Passport or Driver’s License or National Identity Card of the Promoter.
8. Bank Statement of the Business Enterprise for a period of one (1) year (for existing business).
9. Sales record for six (6) months and operating expenses.
10. Evidence of availability of Collateral Security (e.g. landed property, Individual Guarantor, etc.).
For SME large Business Loan document Requirements
1. Formal Letter of Application
2. Photocopies of Certificate of Incorporation and Certified True Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company.
3. Photocopies of the Certified True Copy of Forms C02 and C07.
4. Business Plan.
5. Photocopy of title documents to project site (Statutory Certificate of Occupancy or Deed of Assignment).
6. Photocopy of Title Documents (Statutory Certificate of Occupancy or Deed of Assignment) to the Collateral Security. (This must be a landed property in an urban center).
7. Approved Building Plan (If new building).
8. Bill of Quantities or Contractor’s Estimate of Cost to be incurred on Factory Building.
9. Valuation Reports on Factory Building(s) (for existing projects) and property offered as Collateral Security.
10. Quotations for items of plant and machinery (at least 3 quotations from different sources).
11. Three (3) years most recent Audited Accounts of the company (for existing company).
12. Three (3) years most recent Tax Clearance Certificate for the Company and two (2) Directors.
13. Four (4) recent passport photographs of each of the two Directors and the Company Secretary.
14. Evidence of appointment of a Company
LOAN APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- ENTERPRISE UP TO 10 MILLION NAIRA LOAN
- LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY UP TO 10 MILLION NAIRA LOAN
- LARGE ENTERPRISE & SME ABOVE 10 MILLION NAIRA LOAN
- COOPERATIVE SOCIETY UP TO 10 MILLION NAIRA LOAN
- GOVERNMENT ENTERPRISE & EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME (GEEP)
- LIST OF ACCREDITED VALUERS
- LIST OF ACCREDITED AUDITORS
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RELATED POST: NDLEA Recruitment 2020 Login and Registration Portal apply here
Abubabakar Sani mohd says
Carpentry and joiners