AirSwift Job Senior Deputy General Manager Instrumentation Engineer For over 40 years Airswift has been transforming lives through the provision of international workforce solutions to the energy, process and infrastructure industries.
Today, we are an integrated team of 6,500 passionate people from 70 countries. Driven by three corporate hubs in Houston, Manchester and Singapore supporting 60 regional offices, we have a truly global approach and a reach that is unparalleled.
Our client, a major Cement company is seeking a Senior Deputy General Manager Instrumentation Engineer to work in Nigeria for a permanent position.
- Overall responsibility for the management and implementation of instrumentation engineering and maintenance policies, strategies and programmes in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure optimal plant availability for production.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an instrumentation strategy to accomplish the overall objectives of the organisation.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant instrumentation maintenance programmes based on best practices in the cement industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Oversee the preparation of division/department capital and operating budgets.
- Ensure that instrumentation engineers and technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated to ensure that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the instrumentation staff to ensure that the reliability and availability of plant systems and equipment.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing plant instrumentation facilities and equipment; replacement and adjustments to plant facilities where necessary.
- Ensure cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures and manpower and initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilisation, maintenance cost, schedule compliance, etc.
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance engineers and technicians.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Review plant instrumentation equipment maintenance projections and schedules.
- Ensure that equipment preventive maintenance programmes are implemented as per agreed schedule.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the programmes, maintenance reworks and makes recommendations.
- Enforce standards and safe work procedures for the plant and ensure regulations relating to the instrumentation department are met at all times.
- Provide training, development and leadership to plant instrumentation personnel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
RELATED POST: Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment- Integration Engineer 2020/2021
Education And Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical or Instrument/Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of twenty-four (24) years demonstrated operating experience in maintenance practices.
Skills And Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation operations and maintenance.
- Commercial acumen and experience regarding how to maximise the financial returns of the project including the ability to manage contracts effectively and to compile and manage budgets and operating costs.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
AirSwift Nigeria Job recruitment application portal is open for Interested applicants who’er willing to apply for the on going airswift Job or recruiting openings in the Organization, if you wish to apply for this Position at Airswift Nigeria please CLICK HERE.