Action Against Hunger job Recruitment- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the vacant position of Monitoring & evaluation Officer, Action Against Hunger is calling on interested and Qualified applicants to apply for the above Mentioned Position.
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health, and advocacy.
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- Job/recruitment Type: Full Time
- Job/recruitment Description: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Job/recruitment educational Qualifications: Mid Level
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: As Soon as Possible
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Minimum Basic Salary: 236,585 NGN per month
Support the operationalization of M&E systems on ACF projects to ensure compliance with donor and ACF M&E standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Draft M&E plan with support from the M&E manager
- Develop, update or pre-test quality assurance checklist tools for M&E team in collaboration with M&E manager and project staff
- Provide support to the review and implementation of M&E systems for new projects, in collaboration with M&E manager and projects teams at the field level
- Support teams to pilot data collection tools and integrate the findings into the final tools by providing feedback/error reports to the M&E Manager.
- Facilitate the project’s use of mobile data collection by leading on the process and troubleshooting under the oversight of the M&E Manager.
- Support to train and manage the M&E Field Assistants to carry out regular M&E functions, ensuring that all HR procedures and policies are respected.
- Conduct appraisals of M&E Field Assistants as required by ACF guidelines alongside M&E Manager.
- Provide oversight on the quality of program Implementation through
Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, inclusive of rapid needs assessments, rapid registration, and PDMs.
- Ensure implementation of the M&E plan through routine monitoring of activities at the field level/health facilities including Warehouse monitoring
- Support program team to ensure quantitative APRs are updated based on activities accomplished for the month.
- Lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions and key informant interviews to collect data from beneficiaries.
- Ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis, and interpretation by working closely with the program, technical, and M&E teams.
- Perform data cleaning on all data collected and upload into the server
- Provide training to program teams on program activity monitoring and reporting
Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of activities and represent ACF in relevant forums and working groups at the LGA level
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Proactively identify good practices based on M&E findings and encourage the utilization of data and M&E products.
- Support M&E M to identify lessons learned and best practices, and produce case studies and human interest stories through collation and analysis of M&E information
- Represent ACF externally in issues related to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and reporting as needed.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Nutrition, international development, Public health, Demography or other science-related subjects, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years M&E related work experience in an emergency context
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team, budget and project management, and representation competencies
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values, and principles
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, ENA, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Experience working in the northeast
- Previous work experience with Implementing Partners (IPs)
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods, or WASH
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies
- Familiarity with emergency donors (FFP, UNICEF, OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID (now FCDO) reporting and regulations
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Monday, September 21 2020
Application Method: To Apply for this Job/recruitment, first you have to understand that application is one only online, if you are Convinced that you are well qualified to take on this job then, Click here to apply